The conversation continues here in Part 2 of this two part series. If you haven’t read Part 1, you can check it out here.
So, picking up right where we left off.
What’s so special about the Pilates Instructors at Dynamic Pilates? In the first part of this two-part series, we highlighted the significance of hundreds of hours of practical experience before joining our team – so that Dynamic Pilates clients can be assured they’re only working with the best of the best. Additionally, we outlined the BASI Certification that the majority of our Instructors have achieved.
This time, we shift our focus to the wide range of skills our Instructors bring to the table, as well as our absolute deal breakers when it comes to hiring our Instructors, put in place to protect our clients from shoddy training and risk of injury.
Beyond qualifications and experiences, what makes for a stellar team of Pilates Instructors? Well, a culture of high performance and standards within the organisation is a great place to start. We don’t settle for being anything less than the best Pilates studios in Sydney, and it shows. Not just in our online reviews, but in the presentation of our studios and in the results of our clients. Our 30 Day Challenge clients are just one such example of that!
A culture of high performance starts from the top, of course, but can also be assured by also hiring professionals with a diverse skillset and dedication to continuous development and learning – which is what we have done at Dynamic Pilates from Day 1.
Our diversity is what makes us great!
Pilates, like most other exercise regimes, is a multi-faceted practice that can be approached in a variety of ways. We understand this very well, which is why we hire Instructors who have years of experience and specialise in different forms, areas or focuses.
Our training programs also cater to people across a range of capabilities and with unique needs when it comes to fitness and mobility. We facilitate group classes, as well as private and semi-private sessions that are inclusive for everyone, including:
- People whose mobility is limited because of injuries;
- Everyday people who are trying to improve on strength & fitness;
- The young & the elderly; and
- Able-bodied people, as well as people with disabilities.
Setting the Limit – What We Won’t Do
Every studio needs to set out clearly what is unacceptable in their organisation.
When it comes to our hiring process, we are strict about the level of professionalism that candidates show. More than anything, we strive to provide only the best training and advice to our clients. The limits we’ve set are there to protect both you and us. In keeping with this, we will never:
- Hire an Instructor without a relevant qualification and certificates that prove proficiency and compliance.
- Hire someone who isn’t a dedicated Pilates specialist.
- Hire someone negligent in ways that fail to accommodate clients with limitations, or even endanger clients.
- Hire an instructor who doesn’t know how to use equipment safely and optimally.
Picking out a bad apple isn’t always as easy as looking at the paperwork though. Sometimes you have to pay attention to the finer details while they work. Wondering how we can pick out a bad Instructor or poorly instructed class?
We look out for the following characteristics:
- If an Instructor is too fast-paced.
- There’s no use in facilitating a class where nobody knows what’s going on. An Instructor who can’t recognise that they are moving too fast is a red flag.
- If they show a lack of technical focus on technique.
- A solid technical foundation is essential in Pilates. Failing to get this right places clients at risk for injury, which is negligent.
- If they don’t use verbal queues & demonstration.
People learn by hearing instructions and seeing examples – these are the two main things every Instructor should be doing. We hold ourselves to the highest standards so that we can provide a consistently excellent service. This is what sets us apart. We’re committed to providing the very best standard of Pilates in Sydney – so that you too can become the best version of yourself and reach your fitness goals.
With our world class Sydney Pilates Instructors leading from the front (literally), we guarantee you’ll love the new you and recognise the benefits of making Pilates part of your weekly schedule for years to come!